- Danny Augustine: Natural's Not In It
Art, until Sun 4th October
- Lucy Sparrow presents Madame Roxy's Erotic Emporium
Art, starts Wed 7th October
- Inked Palette: A UK tattoo art exhibition
Art, until Tue 20th October
- Here, Bear and Everywhere by Mister Peebles at Of Cabbages And Kings
Art, until Sat 31st October
- The Wick and Beyond: Artists & Artisans of the East End at Well Hung
Art, until Sun 1st November
Search Results - Articles
The link between activism and art is at the core of Silent City’s newest venture. We spoke with members Sally Mumby-Croft, Cara Nahaul and Emily Whitebread about their new project, and their plans for the collective.Written by Jessica Furseth
The new publication from Silent City, ‘Art and Activism’, poses three key questions: Should art be separated from activism? Should art have a political value or function? Should art be […]
In September 2010 Circuit Wisely presented their second exhibition in an undisclosed live/work spaceWritten by Emily Whitebread
Flyer designed by Russell Palmer Two years since their first show in the basement of Shoreditch Town Hall, Circuit Wisely presented 17 Artists in an East London live-work space. This […]
An exhibition that addressed the issue of climate change with a particular focus on its impact on the Third World: A reaction against exhibitions such as ‘Earth: Art of a Changing World’ hosted by the RA which tend to present a classless vision of ecological justice made in the West, prioritising the needs of the developed nations over all others.Written by Max McCormick
Untitled (CCD) by Claire Roberts (detail) The central premise of Silent City, the group comprised of artists Emily Whitebread, Cara Nahaul and Sally Mumby-Croft, whose first exhibition has just opened […]
Save Green Spaces from the onslaught of Private Development. The short documentary Mauerpark examines the importance of saving an open free space in the place where the Wall once stood.Written by Emily Whitebread
Emily Whitebread interviews Francesca Weber-Newth and Sally Mumby-Croft about their recently completed short documentary film: Mauerpark. Mauerpark [‘Wall Park’] lies on the former ‘no man’s land’, which separated Berlin for […]
The exhibition/symposium Silent City is “a reaction against shows such as the RA’s “Earth: Art of a Changing World” which have the tendency to “present the West as a vision […]
The Heart of Dixie becomes The Heart Of Exchange, starting in London, ending up all over the countryWritten by Natalie Dray
Earlier this year the directors of ‘X’ Emily Whitebread and Sarah Walters invited Art students and recent graduates to participate in an proactive exhibition based in Romford. Amelia’s Magazine spoke […]
Search Results - Listings
No Listings found
Enter a keyword below to search the website
- An interview with Johan Lindström: Amelia’s Colourful Colouring Companion featured artist.
- An interview with Ignacia Ruiz: Amelia’s Colourful Colouring Companion featured artist.
- An Interview with illustrator Hattie Stewart
- Lilies on Mars present new album ∆GO
- An interview with Percie Edgeler: Amelia’s Colourful Colouring Companion featured artist.
- An interview with Alex McGinn: Amelia’s Colourful Colouring Companion featured artist.
- An interview with Eleanor Percival: Amelia’s Colourful Colouring Companion featured artist.
- Great ideas for homemade Christmas Decorations for 2013
- Ninja Turtle Sex Museum by James Unsworth: A Review
- An Interview with Future Classics Fashion Designer Julie Wilkins