This month I’ve challenged myself to draw my entire outfit for each day in October! ‘What Emmeline Wore In October’ is an illustrated take on ‘outfit of the day’ and ‘what I wore’ posts you so often see on fashion and lifestyle blogs.
As a freelance illustrator, I’m a huge advocate of daily illustration challenges, I think they’re really valuable in finding out what it is that you actually like to draw – as well as improving your illustration work, learning new techniques and kick-starting your motivation in all areas of your creativity.
I ran a Summer edition (What Emmeline Wore In July) last year and collaborated with some incredible brands like Boden, Orla Kiely and Cath Kidston on the project, and this year I’ve teamed up with the likes of Fat Face, Oasis and Joules to bring a bit of extra excitement to the project!
Any daily illustration challenge is tricky, it can be really hard to wake up at the weekend and realise you need to head to your computer to work, or wear something a little more presentable than pjs! But the benefits have definitely outweighed the occasional gruellingness of it, and I’ve had amazing support for the series so far.
You can find the full series of illustrations on my blog (www.emmelineillustration.blogspot.com) or by using the hashtag #wewio on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Instagram where I’m @emmelinedraws.
Emmeline Pidgen is a freelance illustrator creating books, graphic novels, editorial and advertising illustration from a studio in the North West of England.
- Welcome to the unique world of Tobacco and Leather- part two
- An interview with Súa Agapé: Amelia’s Colourful Colouring Companion featured artist.
- An interview with Ewelina Skowronska: Amelia’s Colourful Colouring Companion featured artist.
- An interview with illustrator Emma Block, as featured in Amelia’s Compendium of Fashion Illustration
- An interview with Feronia Parker-Thomas: Amelia’s Colourful Colouring Companion featured artist.