Bora Asku by Eugenia Tsimiklis.
This season Bora Aksu took inspiration from Oscar Wilde’s The Nightingale and The Rose, choosing as always to tell a tale through his collection in a colour palette of richest royal blue transforming into gold, pink and deepest black.
His influences may be complex but the clothing as ever was gorgeously desirable and beautifully wearable. Bora is most at home with the use of varied textures; flounces and lacy panels juxtaposed against golden grids and intensely patterned cut out lace embroidery. Skirts were wide and coats were caped, with pretty jewels worn around collared necklines and in the ears. Hair bounced cutely to one side, ensuring the sophisticated garments retained a playful girly feel.
Irish TV presenter Laura Whitmore closed the show with a cheeky grin, proving that these dresses look just as good on the more average gal.
All photography by Amelia Gregory.
- Bora Aksu: London Fashion Week S/S 2015 Catwalk Review
- London Fashion Week S/S 2012 Catwalk Review: Bora Aksu
- LFW 09 – Bora Aksu – Baroque meets Rock!
- Bora Aksu: London Fashion Week A/W 2014 Catwalk Review
- Ong-Oaj Pairam: London Fashion Week S/S 2014 Catwalk Review