Aleksandra Kmiecik by Rebecca Strickson.
Aleksandra Kmiecik was not my favourite show by a long shot, mainly because it featured laptops as accessories in a very obvious sponsor pleaser. What more could you want from the catwalk? Sponsorship has to come from somewhere but this was a lesson in how to make a collection seem pure tacky commercial trade show in one fell swoop.
And then there was also the fun of nearly toppling models (I counted three major shoe slippages) and thin, cheap looking fabrics. Tan and pinks gave way to a more familiar colour palette as again we saw the same black, white and red mix, this time with the red used as highlights in bloody seams on tightly shaped dresses. Although that probably makes it sound more exciting than it was. If there was one positive thing I took from this show it was a pleasant recognition that some models were bigger than your average catwalk pony, which is a Polish trend that I like.
Oh and remember folks: this is an edit believe it or not:
Aleksandra Kmiecik A/W 2011. All photography by Amelia Gregory.
- Fashion Philosophy Fashion Week Poland S/S 2012 in Łódź: Wiola Wolczynska, Aleksandra Kmiecik, Michal Szulc
- Fashion Philosophy Fashion Week Poland S/S 2012 in Łódź: Gala Dyplomowa Show at Andels
- Fashion Philosophy Fashion Week Poland S/S 2012 in Łódź: Joanna Klimas
- Danielle Romeril AW15: London Fashion Week Presentation Review
- Yulia Kondranina: Fashion Scout Ones to Watch A/W 2013 Catwalk Review