Konrad Parol A/W 2011 by Victoria Haynes.
Konrad Parol had a slot upstairs in the beautiful old power plant hall, with colourful vaulted windows more suited to a church than an industrial plant. This was an edgy Parisian/Belgium look that featured lots of black – it clearly has commercial potential. In the UK Konrad Parol is in fact stocked by Not Just a Label. To the sounds of an industrial gothic medieval soundtrack boys emerged two at a time with slicked back hair and pale skin. There was some clever touches – orange highlights and flashes of tartan underlining on a girl’s cape and on the back of a boy’s jacket, DMs with bristle tops. The laced top for a boy was a bit questionable but there were some interesting corsetry features on a mini cape for girls. A crusader-esque face covering capelet ended the show on a surreal note.
Konrad Parol A/W 2011. All photography by Amelia Gregory.
Bielnik and Elektrownia, black, corsetry, DMs, Fashion Philosophy Fashion Week Poland, Fashion Week Poland, gothic, Industrial, Konrad Parol, Lodz, medieval, Not Just a Label, Off Out Of Schedule, Parisian, Podsiadło Ksiezy Mlyn, Tartan, Victoria Haynes
- London Fashion Week A/W 2011 Presentation Review: Cooperative Designs (by Amelia)
- Jamie Wei Huang: London Fashion Week A/W 2014 Catwalk Review
- Fashion Philosophy Fashion Week Poland A/W 2011 in Łódź: Bohoboco
- Graduate Fashion Week: The Arts Institute at Bournemouth show
- Fashion Philosophy Fashion Week Poland S/S 2012 in Łódź: Zuo Corp