Lucja Wojtala S/S 2012 by Kareena Zerefos.
I really liked Lucja Wojtala‘s new collection, which featured intricate jacquard knits in a variety of wonderful designs inspired by the traditional aesthetics of South America, Turkey, India and Africa. She calls this look ‘global primary folk with a modern twist.’ Bandeau mini dresses came with a flouncy black peplum at the waist and longer dresses came with panels of different textured knit, either wrapped and tied or dangling to create different length interest. Panelled cardigans were worn over brilliant geometric designed leggings and hair was worn with side plait details. Mixing pastel shades of lemon yellow, mushroom and peach with greys, royal blue and black, this was a bold and wearable collection accessorised with brilliant matching brocade heels.
Lucja Wojtala comes from a family of knitwear specialists stretching back three generations and has trained as an intern in John Galliano‘s atelier. All her yarn is sourced from Italy and the garments are produced in the family workshops and knitting mill.
Lucja Wojtala S/S 2012 by Shauna Tranter.
Lucja Wojtala S/S 2012. All photography by Amelia Gregory.
- Fashion Philosophy Fashion Week Poland Off Out Of Schedule S/S 2012 in Łódź: Lukasz Stachowicz
- Fashion Philosophy Fashion Week Poland S/S 2012 in Łódź: Gala Dyplomowa Show at Andels
- Fashion Philosophy Fashion Week Poland S/S 2012 in Łódź: Monika Ptaszek
- Hiroko Nakajima: Fashion Scout Ones to Watch, London Fashion Week A/W 2014 Catwalk Review
- Hana Cha: London Fashion Week S/S 2013 Catwalk Review