Krystof Strozyna A/W 2012 by Carol Ryder.
Krystof Strozyna showed on Friday 17th February in the Fashion Scout salon. I dashed in at the last minute, giving me pole position at the end of the catwalk.
This was a more sombre showing than is usual from the renowned Polish designer, featuring a predominantly neutral colour palette of black, cream, sand and milk chocolate – a flash of royal blue in the form of two sexy silk dresses provided welcome relief.
Krystof Strozyna A/W 2012 by Jacqueline Valencia.
The collection featured asymmetric shaping that revealed large expanses of thigh, zippered blouse details combined with sheer panels, and draping aplenty. Having spent so much time at Fashion Philosophy Fashion Week Poland over the past few seasons I now recognise all these elements to be the backbone of a typically Polish aesthetic, and unfortunately I felt that Krystof Strozyna was playing it incredibly safe. The demands of commerciality could well be exerting a strong hold over the designer these days: come back, experimental Krystof of yore.
All photography by Amelia Gregory.
- London Fashion Week S/S 2012 Catwalk Review: Krystof Strozyna
- London Fashion Week A/W 2011 Catwalk Review: Krystof Strozyna
- Fashion Philosophy Fashion Week Poland S/S 2012 in Łódź: An Introduction
- LFW 09 – KRYSTOF STROZYNA – Desert Creatures
- Fashion Philosophy Fashion Week Poland S/S 2012 in Łódź: Street Style