Romeo Pires by Maria del Carmen Smith.
Romeo Pires are a new design duo for me. Sergio Pires hails from Brazil and Nicholas Humphrey comes from the UK: they met studying textile design at Guildhall University.
The models took to the catwalk in pairs with wildly crimped hair and ghostly white make up that was far from elegant, but I quickly warmed to this clever collection, which saw oversized waists hooked up with massive low slung braces. Everything was lovingly folded or pleated and this translated well into menswear, my favourite piece being a dashing short cape. Their textile background was obvious in bleached prints of rusty nails and skulls that broke up the otherwise monochrome palette with added butterscotch and cream.
Romeo Pires by Bex Glover.
At the end of the show this endearing pair made a hasty entrance together, looking dead cute in the male version of their vision. Definitely a new label to watch.
All photography by Amelia Gregory.
- Drawlloween Artist Discovery: Mr. Walters of Nerfect Novelties
- Basharatyan V: London Fashion Week A/W 2014 Catwalk Review
- Bora Aksu: London Fashion Week A/W 2014 Catwalk Review
- Halloween 2012: Illustrations, Baby Fancy Dress, Nail Art and Things To Do
- London Fashion Week S/S 2012 Catwalk Review: Jacob Kimmie