Beige-Moi by Caitriona Moore.
Beige-Moi presented by Hotel Le Crystal was a new concept for young designers to show edited outfits from their current collections along a theme of cream, beige and nude. Since I’m not a massive fan of neutral colours I wasn’t expecting much from this show and was therefore pleasantly surprised by some lovely outfits from Bodybag by Jude, Mélissa Nepton, Renata Morales and Mulcair.
Renata Morales by Claire Kearns.
In fact I would go so far as to say that this was one of the most fashion forward shows that I saw at the Fashion Mode et Design Montreal festival. I particularly liked the swirly embroidered gowns by Renata Morales: definitely a designer to watch.
Renata Morales by Polly Stopforth.
One thing I will say though, is that the Canadians very much like their fur… I guess the concept has been culturally ingrained in a nation that grew out of the legacy of trapping but it’s not something I can condone so I will not be mentioning fur again in future blog posts.
A/H 2011, A/W 2011, Beige, Beige-Moi, Bodybag by Jude, Caitriona Moore, canada, catwalk, Claire Kearns, Fashion Mode et Design Montreal, Fur, Hotel Le Crystal, lace, Mélissa Nepton, Montreal, Montreal Festimania, Mulcair, nude, Polly Stopforth, Renata Morales, review, Trapping
- Montreal Festimania 2011: Festival Mode et Design Review – Oh La La Défilé Lingerie
- Montreal Festimania 2011: Festival Mode et Design Review – Mode et Opera
- Montreal Festimania 2011: Festival Mode et Design Review – Highlights of Montreal Fashion Week A/W 2011
- Montreal Festimania 2011: Festival Mode et Design Music – introducing Parlovr
- Montreal Festimania 2011: Festival Mode et Design Review – Jean Paul Gaultier Bourgeoises Sans Age