Parlovr by Sally Jane Thompson.
Parlovr by Parlovr.
Need to know:
The band was formed in 2006 in trendy Mile End (that’s look _Montreal”>Mile End, information pills Montreal, not Mile End, east London) when Louis Jackson (who plays guitar) and Alex Cooper (on keys) got together. Both of them sing. Drummer Jeremy MacCuish joined soon after.
Parlovr playing at Montreal Festimania: Alex Cooper.
Their musical style has been described as Sloppy Pop. Think big Arcade Fire style atonality with infectious tunes. Created by just three lads.
The name just kind of happened: Parlour enraged another band of the same name so they decided to Latinise the name by swapping in a v for the u. They don’t mind how you pronounce it.
Their live show is a supertastic energetic head-swinging affair, particularly from drummer Jeremy who really lets rip.
Parlovr playing at Montreal Festimania: Jeremy MacCuish.
Self titled album Parlovr came out on Dine Alone records last summer. It has great illustrated cover art work. (see above)
Parlovr playing at Montreal Festimania: Louis Jackson.
- Montreal Festimania 2011: Festival Mode et Design Review – Mode et Opera
- Montreal Festimania 2011: First Peoples’ Festival Review
- Montreal Festimania 2011: Festival Mode et Design Review – Highlights of Montreal Fashion Week A/W 2011
- Competition: win a pair of VIP Golden Lanyard all expenses paid tickets to Montreal Festimania this summer!
- Montreal Festimania 2011: Festival Mode et Design Review – Oh La La Défilé Lingerie