There was so much to see at New Designers part two (back in July) so in this blog I will concentrate on the illustrators who haven’t yet found a space on these pages:
Bex Bourne of University College Falmouth produced a lovely Morris dancer inspired piece and a beautiful gypsy caravan.
I like Grace Hawes‘ soft watercolour style
As well as the dreamy abstract style of Meryn Cobbin.
I liked Lindy Lewis‘ striding soldiers and 50s influenced textile designs.
At Nottingham Trent Elizabeth Smith showed some intricate embroidered illustration.
Sophie Garwell‘s colourful typography stood out.
More illustration to come shortly…. check out the second part of my review, featuring the best new illustrators at New Designers.
- New Designers 2012: University College Falmouth and Plymouth College of Art Illustration Graduate Shows Review
- New Designers 2012: Nottingham Trent University and Cambridge College of Art Illustration Graduate Shows Review
- New Designers 2011 Part Two: Illustration Graduate Show Review 2
- New Designers 2012: Illustration Graduate Shows and One Year On Review
- Save Our Souls: Camberwell College of Arts Illustration Degree Show Review Part 2