The best things about fashion week are, in order of importance:
1. The shows. Of course, otherwise we wouldn’t be here. I mean, the good ones. Sometimes you want to explain to a designer that just because something can be designed, it doesn’t mean it should be. George Mallory said he wanted to climb Mount Everest “because it’s there” and look what happened to him. I’m pleased to report I’ve liked everything I’ve seen so far though.
2. Free pastries.
3. Looking at people’s crazy crazy outfits. Gorgeous girls are ten a penny at fashion week, so what everyone really wants to see is cone-shaped hairdos, dresses that are basically just a bra sellotaped to climbing apparatus and interesting hats.
The press room is also pretty great. It has benches and foliage:
Cool laptops I’ve seen around Somerset House.
Superior snacks I have seen and eaten:
I did also try to take sneaky pictures of the good-looking men who were providing help in the registration room but I bottled it when one of them looked at me, so I’m afraid you’ll just have to use your imagination.
- London Fashion Week S/S 2011 Exhibition Review: Headonism
- London Fashion Week S/S 2012 Exhibition Review: Headonism
- Cristina Sabaiduc: London Fashion Week S/S 2014 Presentation Review
- London Fashion Week A/W 2011: Illustrator Gareth does Menswear Day!