Yeashin S/S 2014 by Slowly The Eggs.
Last season Yeashin‘s Woodland collection trod a narrow line between dressing up and playing dress up (kid style) so I was intrigued to see how this Korean label would progress with a stand alone show.
Yeashin S/S 2014 by Lynne Datson.
Yeashin S/S 2014. All photography by Amelia Gregory.
Yeashin S/S 2014 by Gaarte.
The extravagant layering of texture and colour that worked so well in the winter collection were translated with less success into a more summery vibe: plenty of frills, pearls and embroidery splashed across loose little girl bib dresses and used to vamp up cute girly blouses (the best garments in this show), all worn by models with long shimmery limbs. Pleats, bobbly spots and scattered leaves were echoes of last season too, this time accessorised with pie crust paper hats and simple nude coloured heels.
Yeashin S/S 2014 by Claire Kearns.
This was a resolutely whimsical collection that erred a little too much towards the saccharine for my taste. I look forward to seeing how Yeashin develops as the seasons go forward.
- Yeashin: Fashion Scout Ones to Watch A/W 2013 Catwalk Review
- London Fashion Week S/S 2012 Catwalk Review: Jacob Kimmie
- Central Saint Martins: Ba Fashion Graduate Show 2011 review. Pleats.
- London Fashion Week S/S 2011 Catwalk Review: Hannah Marshall
- London Fashion Week Autumn/ Winter 2010 Catwalk Review: Doii