MMC Studio Design by Maria del Carmen Smith.
MMC Studio Design featured yet more draped grey jersey, this time accessorised with red foreheads and high ponytails. The show opened, for some inexplicable reason, with lines of *normal* people straddling the catwalk in rows, faces smeared in black.
I liked the soundtrack, which veered from David Bowie’s Suffragette City, through to punk and grimecore. There was a caplet, splashes of lime green, interesting styling in the form of puffed out bags carried under arms and a vile shaggy matted gilet over nappy pants.
The final model warranted a gold headband (possibly famous? later spotted on the front row, forehead still golden) At the end the models and real people dodged and weaved along the catwalk. My notes say Less is More.
MMC Studio Design A/W 2011. All photography by Amelia Gregory.
- The Golden Thread Awards at Fashion Week Poland A/W 2011: Colourful Patterns
- Fashion Philosophy Fashion Week Poland S/S 2012 in Łódź: MMC Studio Design
- Fashion Philosophy Fashion Week Poland Off Out Of Schedule A/W 2011 in Łódź: Paulina Plizga
- Fashion Philosophy Fashion Week Poland A/W 2011 in Łódź: Nenukko
- Fashion Philosophy Fashion Week Poland A/W 2011 in Łódź: Natalia Jaroszewska