Ong-Oaj Pairam by Novemto Komo.
Having already done a preview interview with Brighton University graduate Ong-Oaj Pairam I was pretty excited to see more of his collection, which was inspired by Drew Barrymore in ET. But whilst the moon shaped invite may have promised great things in terms of reference the final outcome was not what I expected, by a long shot. Original inspiration be damned, this was a sweet collection of party dresses with a slight 80s vibe. Models wore their hair loosely curled and brushed to one side, shirt dresses were pulled in tight with skinny belts, and delicate lace butterflies bounced around on waists and hemlines. I particularly liked matching embroidery and print that appeared in spikes of red and blue across a twosie shorts suit and on both shirt and pencil dresses. Drew Barrymore may well have grown up to to be this well dressed, but this was not how I remember her back in the day.
Ong-Oaj Pairam S/S 2014. All photography by Amelia Gregory.
- Ong-Oaj Pairam: London Fashion Week S/S 2014 Preview Interview
- Ong-Oaj Pairam: London Fashion Week A/W 2014 Catwalk Review
- Bora Aksu AW15: London Fashion Week Catwalk Review
- Bernard Chandran: London Fashion Week S/S 2014 Catwalk Review
- Hannah Williams: Fashion Scout Ones to Watch, London Fashion Week S/S 2014 Catwalk Review