Sunglasses embedded with hair by Alexander Groves.
Having missed the press view last week I decided to drop in on the Royal College of Art degree exhibition on Tuesday evening. Despite checking times on the website I nearly came a cropper when I turned up to find that they were preparing for a private awards event and the gallery was closed to the public… luckily I used my wily journalistic charm to get in and managed to take a sneak peak around the exhibition – by far the best (in terms of layout) that I have seen so far. Although I did have to put up with the occasional query from a security guard who spotted I wasn’t one of the expected guests. The top floor housed a mix of Product Design and Textiles. Here’s the best of what I saw from Product Design.
Mijin Park had constructed some interesting chairs and bulbous plant holders out of woven leather and plastic.
The RCA Graduate Show continues until 3rd July so I highly recommend that you check it out. More write ups to follow shortly.
- Sunglasses Trends: London Fashion Week S/S 2013 Catwalk Review
- Royal College of Art: Fashion Design Graduate Show 2011 review. Menswear.
- Royal College of Art MA Degree Show 2011 Review: Textile Design
- London Fashion Week S/S 2012 Catwalk Review: Blow Presents Jane Bowler
- Alice Lee: London Fashion Week A/W 2012 Catwalk Review