Anna Schwamborn by Lorna Scobie.
A couple of the collections on the catwalk at the RCA graduate show focused on accessories, namely millinery and bags.
Alexandra Gold opted to make the most of that pesky fur sponsorship, creating a series of oversized baseball caps, some of which were adorned with fur. Which just leaves me with the overwhelming question: WHY?
Paul Stafford by Lorna Scobie.
Paul Stafford did something far more interesting with oversized brims that loomed over the eyes. Some appeared to be part of a garment, fabric draped over the top of the hat then flowing down the body and belted in at the waist. Totally unwearable on an every day basis but nonetheless beautiful.
Anna Shwamborn by Sandra Contreras.
Anna Schwamborn presented an unusual bag collection that included some interesting tooled leather and ruffled collars and hand cuffs. Horned straps held capacious bags across the body. She has a website!
All photography by Amelia Gregory
- Rapha and Paul Smith Collaborative Cycling Collection
- Montreal Festimania 2011: Festival Mode et Design Review – Collectif: Fashion Pop
- London Fashion Week A/W 2011 Catwalk Review: Bryce Aime
- Royal College of Art: Fashion Design Graduate Show 2011 review. Womenswear.
- Montreal Festimania 2011: Festival Mode et Design Review – Jean Paul Gaultier Bourgeoises Sans Age