Helen Lawrence SS 2014 by Slowly The Eggs.
For Spring/Summer 2014 Ones to Watch at Fashion Scout presented three wildly diverse prospects: first up Helen Lawrence, a textiles graduate of Chelsea College of Art and the RCA, with a new spin on the complex patchwork designs she has produced previously. Her innovative printed knitwear collection came in a palette of limey green, baby pink and slate grey, and contained many wearable pieces such as cute acid washed short sleeved sweat tops and boxy knit sweaters. Garments collapsed in curly asymmetrical waterfall shapes, with split skirts or overlays of plastic opening to reveal shorts in various guises. Most pieces came with grungy distressed hems and were covered with her trademark abstract squiggle designs which up close had a plastic touch. Styling wise, I loved the well matched grey perspex peep-toe chunky heeled ankle boots, worn with marbled pop socks. A clever collection with an eye on production: we need more of this foresight from graduates please!
Helen Lawrence S/S 2014 by Emma Ostcliffe.
Helen Lawrence S/S 2014. All photography by Amelia Gregory.
- Ashley Isham: London Fashion Week S/S 2014 Catwalk Review
- Renli Su: Fashion Scout Ones to Watch, London Fashion Week S/S 2014 Catwalk Review
- Fashion Philosophy Fashion Week Poland S/S 2012 in Łódź: Wiola Wolczynska, Aleksandra Kmiecik, Michal Szulc
- London Fashion Week A/W 2010 Catwalk Review: VFS Ones To Watch
- Hannah Williams: Fashion Scout Ones to Watch, London Fashion Week S/S 2014 Catwalk Review