Hellen van Rees S/S 2014 by Alexa Coe.
Within the space of a year this former Ones to Watch designer has gone from crazy conceptual creations to fairly ordinary. When I first discovered Hellen Van Rees on the catwalk last September she wowed me with her sculptured designs, which were covered with her trademark woven textiles. Back then I questioned how this could be translated into something more saleable, and the answer is – by making very simple halter neck column dresses without a boxy embellishment in sight. Still present and correct were the delicate multicoloured threads on a base of either black or white, but it felt as though the crucial element of wow factor was missing from the Fuzzlayerglossbox collection. The best bit of this show was undoubtedly the beautiful matching shoes and bags: now those have wings.
Hellen Van Rees S/S 2014. Photography by Maria Papadimitriou and Amelia Gregory.
- Hellen van Rees: London Fashion Week S/S 2013 Catwalk Review
- Hellen Van Rees: London Fashion Week A/W 2013 Catwalk Preview Interview
- Yulia Kondranina: Fashion Scout Ones to Watch A/W 2013 Catwalk Review
- Hana Cha: London Fashion Week S/S 2013 Catwalk Review
- Liz Black: London Fashion Week A/W 2014 Presentation Review