San Francisco based fashion designer Mimi Tran launched her brand just a few years ago after a former career in Silicon Valley, and chose the Fashion Scout catwalk for the first time this season to showcase a collection which oozed red carpet glamour: think sheer column dresses with wasp waists covered in extravagant embellishments in a palette of black, white, gold, red and royal blue. The Vietnamese born designer shares a curious resemblance (and name) with a very successful US based poker player who has made over a million dollars to date… are they in fact one and the same? Did she use her poker money to reinvent herself and realise a childhood dream of being a fashion designer? Or maybe the similarity is merely a coincidence. I would love to know…
All photography by Amelia Gregory.
- Mimi Fasi: London Fashion Week A/W 2014 Catwalk Review
- London College of Fashion – Fashion Illustration Graduate Show 2011
- Boxie: The T-shirt becomes the Narrator
- Zeynep Kartal: London Fashion Week S/S 2015 Catwalk Review
- Alternative Risk Transfer: Interview with Eugene Perera