Stark red eye make up accompanied the colourful designs paraded down the catwalk by Soojin Lee. On closer inspection Art Deco-esque designs revealed repeat patterns made up of bullets, rippled metal panels and fighter planes. Here was another designer with war on the mind (see also Jean-Pierre Braganza). Scarfs at the neck echoed an older era of war, as did lady-like crop waist jackets and delicately ruffled shirts worn with dainty floral pleat skirts, creating elegance in a time of great unrest. At the back of her look book Soojin Lee states ‘Pray for peace and protection for everyone…’
All photography by Amelia Gregory.
- Ong-Oaj Pairam: London Fashion Week A/W 2014 Catwalk Review
- London Fashion Week S/S 2011 Catwalk Review: Paul Costelloe
- London College of Fashion MA Fashion Show 2014, Womenswear: London Fashion Week Catwalk Review
- LCF MA Fashion Show 2013, Womenswear: London Fashion Week Catwalk Review
- Fashion Philosophy Fashion Week Poland Off Out Of Schedule S/S 2012 in Łódź: Lukasz Stachowicz