Her design philosophy is to ‘awaken the imagination, conjure memories and invoke our emotions. Design is a tool to inspire, influence change, and to create a better future.’ Wowser…
I was also attracted to Andreea Mandrescu‘s use of traditional marquetry techniques within flexible materials: challenging perceptions of craft disciplines.
Hao-Ni Tsai used Taiwanese fibres in hybrid combinations with natural fibres from the West, giving a contemporary aesthetic to ancient craft.
Over in Industrial Design I liked the work of Jan Rose, who calls himself the Knitting Craftsman so it seems apt that I include him in this blog. Jan Rose knits furniture – this knitted pouf was made from stainless steel thread.
Why not check in with my review of the BA Jewellery graduate show too?
- Renegade Craft Fair in London 2011 Review: Ceramic Design
- Central Saint Martins: Ba Hons Jewellery Graduate Show 2011 Review
- New Designers 2011 Part One: Contemporary Craft Graduate Show Review
- Goodone: eco fashion designer Nin Castle talks upcycling and collaborations
- Tent London 2013 Review: Best Wall Art, Furniture and Lighting