Zuo Corp S/S 2011 by Antonia Parker.
Zuo Corp used a disturbing soundtrack that featured clanging bells and what sounded like screaming monkeys. It was an odd accompaniment to a collection that featured some very elegant tailored pieces and which riffed nicely on some current on trend details. Pan collars were outsized and padded on suited bodies and fitted jackets came with a 60s vibe or exaggerated rounded sleeves, enhanced by the swirling up dos.
Twice a group of models trekked to the end of the catwalk in formation wearing bandeau tops and sleekly fitted pencil skirts which created a kind of glamourous lingerie vibe. Neoprene, plastic and lace were constructed into tightly tailored jacket dresses and sheaths, with an injection of colour in the form of searing tangerine orange. Many of the collection’s winning elements were repeated far more than necessary, but otherwise this was a glamourous and on trend collection with international appeal. Read my review of the A/W 2012 Zuo Corp catwalk show here. It featured a full marching band!
Zuo Corp S/S 2012. All photography by Amelia Gregory.
- Fashion Philosophy Fashion Week Poland A/W 2011 in Łódź: Zuo Corp
- Fashion Philosophy Fashion Week Poland A/W 2011 in Łódź: Aleksandra Kmiecik
- Fashion Philosophy Fashion Week Poland S/S 2012 in Łódź: Wiola Wolczynska, Aleksandra Kmiecik, Michal Szulc
- Nian by Nihan Buruk: London Fashion Week S/S 2014 Catwalk Review
- Fashion Philosophy Fashion Week Poland A/W 2011 in Łódź: Dawid Tomaszewski